Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tomica Tracks and Trackmaster Engines

I was introduced into the Tomica world by a Japanese friend of mine who gifted me a Tomica Plarail set which I shall be discussing in another blog. I am an avid collector of Thomas and friends playsets and engines, though in India, the variety is very less available. These are awesome to keep your kid engaged, especially with train crashes. My son loves to crash the trains than to watch them just running around the track for a long time. There are loads of youtube videos with such train crashes.

Thomas and his Friends as I can see is pretty much a recent concept here and are very expensive. May be that explains why they are less available in this part of the world where I live in. So are the Tomica rail sets, promoted by Funskool. Many kids prefer cars and Hot Wheels are famous here. But it has to wait until my son gets crazy with cars. For now, I am happy collecting trains and tracks as it is my son's favorite too!

Here is a layout that one can make with the blue Plarail tracks. Very simple to assemble, of course, my 2 year old assembles it very well with help from my brother. Shinkansen (The Japanese Bullet Train) is running on it which comes with the Tomy Tomica 85412 - Hypercity Road and Rail Crossing Set.  I will come up with more ideas for track assembly in future. Until then, here is a Youtube video of the assembly with talking Trackmaster James and Henry on it -



No comments:

Post a Comment