Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Digger, The Dog

Cats and Dogs, they are typical and faithful kid teaching materials!!!

I never knew of Digger until I saw him walked by a 4 year old in my family physician's premises. My son was instantly attracted to this yellow toy with floppy ears and a red cap.

I did not know what this toy was called and Google instantly educated me about this toy and now my son owns one. He loves going for an evening walk with digger running faithfully behind him.

I found that Digger has been existing since 1970's and you can see that in this age old commercial,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6J0a9vaAw0 . I especially like the jingle that the ad features, Digger the dog, digging he goes with you when you explore, just pull his leash and go for a walk, he's your dog for sure!" 

The search for digger made me find other variations of it, the Fisher Price Little Snoopy,  and Walk 'n Sounds Digger the Dog from Playskool with more sound variation. But then, as they say old is gold, Digger gets my vote, a beautifully designed pull along toy with sniffy, detective like look!

No comments:

Post a Comment