Monday, December 31, 2012

Nesting Toys

I will have to perfectly agree with Prashant, http://www.yellowgiraffe.in/blog/toy-buying-habits , on his blog. The parents really decide on the toys the child plays with.

I am already a Lego and Thomas and Friends fan now, and you will see that in the next posts to come. May be my son will also become one. I shall tell you how these toys have improved his swiftness in learning. 

The bump-and-go toys were really getting bored, rather for the reason that he would pick up the moving parts and break them up! Thanks to my Brother-in-Law who brought him the stacking rings! He just gave me the idea. My brother and I are toy-manics looking out for new toys in the market that we think will help my kid play better. And once we really started making survey on what we should be buying, we did find that there is a whole lot of toys that can help a baby to develop a variety of skills. 

So we bought the Funskool toys, nesting eggs, stacking barrels, stacking drums, chain links at very affordable prices and of course we already had the stacking rings!

All the 3 toys, nesting eggs, barrels and drums are vividly colored (blue, green red and yellow). The barrels come-in with one extra color, purple. The barrels and the eggs are made of very low quality plastic. Most of the time they would not tightly close. My son would always play with each of it separately but not put together. The very purpose was not complete. Was not worth a buy!

On the contrary, the stacking rings and the drums were the best. The drums have animal pictures on them to add to the fun. My son loves both stacking rings and drums a lot. He also used them as bath toys! new discoveries....


Next is the Funskool Chain links. Looks like a simple toy although it is not. The box says, it could be played from 6 months onwards. Unfortunately, it is very difficult even for me to link and snap off the links in the way it is described on the picture. How would a 6 month old do? A better way is as seen on the right, just link 2 pieces separately which is much easier. Of course, the colors are attractive and the links are strong. My son used it as a teether rather than a toy! Funskool also has the C- links and the activity ball, and now they also have launched the nuts and bolts. Should be worth a try!?

No comments:

Post a Comment